Sunday, March 04, 2007

A Tribute To Our Beloved Home


On January 30, 2007 we sold our beloved home of 15 years.
As many of you know, our home was our sanctuary away from the quick-paced world. Our heart and soul was poured into our home and property as we restored every inch of it. Mike and I purchased it in May of 1992 seeing the vision of what it could be. I remember pulling up to the dilapidated white cottage with waggon wheels on the porch and an over grown yard. The words out of my mouth were "This is it, this is my dream house".

This home holds some of our fondest memories...Hannah lost her first tooth (somewhere), Daniel took his first steps and Jonathan was birthed on the 'pot' - all within its walls.
We never envisioned leaving our home. Sure we talked about returning to the country life but there was no action behind those words...until we found what we were looking for -Our Farm. When we found our farm I knew I could leave our home in the care of someone else.
I did have my days of doubt. I remember one day in July I grieved so deeply. I wept most of the day not knowing how
I could leave our home, the plants, Oak tree, Bull Frog
and all the divine helpers that give our home such a warm feel. Mike had his day of grievance when the house was empty and he went back to pick up Chopper and a few odds and ends.He walked in and a flood of memories and tears over came him.
The children coped well with the move. In the beginning Hannah struggled with the thought of leaving her room and Oak Tree. As time went on and we planned for the future of Our Farm she grew excited and was able to let go. I was concerned Jonathan would not cope well- it did not phase him. Daniel..all we had to say was he could cast his surf pole at our beach and he said "why do we have to wait".
We sold our home on January 30, 2007. Surprisingly not a tear was shed. We felt like two seniors graduating from high school anxiously awaiting the opportunity that awaited us. The door flew open and we were off to new beginnings. This is a giant leap of faith for us - I trust in God that we are walking our rightful path.
May our home forever bless those who dwell within its walls.




Hannah Saying Good-bye to Oak Tree

No comments: